5.09.2008

So many new things :)


will write later--am 1 handed

As promised, I am updating. Not much new news on Violet, that should come Monday. We have an appointment for 10 days post-partum, (even though we'll actually be 12 days PP), and I'm sure she'll get a weight check. I'm excited to see how well my milk works this time! GraceAnne got fat FAST and I suspect Violet will do the same.

I got a bike yesterday! I am so excited and I can't wait to get on it. I got a women's Trek 7100. I can't quite sit on it yet, but it is so pretty and I'm antsy as all get out to get on it and ride. Allan and I decided this will be our family past time because it's really the only physical activity we can engage in that A) won't tucker me out immediately B) the kids can be involved in, even if indirectly and C) Allan's leg won't get fatigued.

We were trying to figure out what to get GraceAnne involved in this summer. Her school is done on May 20th and Allan's summer semester is going to have him in Dallas from 8a-5p every day which really means he'll be gone from 6a-6:30p every day. I've been really nervous about taking care of both kids all by myself all the time. Not to mention that over the course of the year GraceAnne has developed a strong NEED for her friends. So we found the YMCA and decided to enroll her in swim classes. They're from Mon-Thurs for an hour per day and I don't have to get in the pool with her anymore because she's such a big girl. Oh My Gosh, I can't believe she's going to be 4 next month!

GraceAnne and I went shopping for summer clothes today. She had a surprising lack of clothes suitable for Texas summer, (which will last well into October and if it's anything like last year, into November, too), so we put aside 100$ for the task. I didn't think I'd spend it all. I forgot what a sucker I am for clothes for my baby girls. WHOOPS. BUT--I didn't go OVER budget. In fact, I even had an extra dollar to give to GraceAnne for her savings. WOOHOO!

No comments: