5.12.2008

Fat and Sassy!



Violet got a tree! We got a redwood sapling when GraceAnne was a baby and planted it in a pot. When we moved to TX I wasn't sure it would survive, but we planted it in an ideal spot in the back yard and it's thriving. We decided Violet should have a tree, too, so we went to Lowe's and picked out a weeping willow tree. You can see a picture of it in our front yard above. I'm very excited! I love willow trees and we've been wanting one for a long time. Thanks for this goes to Grandma Polly. Usually when people send money for the kids we put it in their savings accounts, but with the 25$ Grandma Polly sent, we got the tree. We feel it was a good investment. ;)

Today we had our 10 day visit at the midwives office. Of course it was actually 12 days, but who's counting? Miss Violet now weighs 9lbs 2oz, which means mommy's milk is GOOOOOD. The midwife was amazed and said they only really expect the babies to gain back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks, so she's doing GREAT! Just call me Daisy. Nothing in the world quite like the milk from Wisconsin, eh? :)

Mom is also doing well. Healing up nicely and apparently my stomach muscles are already pulled back into place. Now we just have to get rid of the fat that has accumulated on top of them. I'm down to 142, which means I've lost 18 since she was born and I only have 14 more lbs to go until I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm hoping to get that gone by the end of summer. Of course, anyone who has had a kid knows that just because you're back to your old weight doesn't mean you look the same! This time around I'm going to try to embrace my new body. After all, 2 miracles came from it!

It's way past my bedtime, so I'll close. I hope all is well with you and yours!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and blessed family you have! I am glad y'all are doing well!