5.11.2008

Happy Mother's Day!






To all the mommies out there, Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all get to spend your day basking in the warm glow of your children's smiles and love. Today is so amazing to me, because I am the mother of 2 now. It's amazing how much more love and contentment I feel just adding one more. We don't really have any plans for the day. We went to church and then to a friend's house for lunch. I hear GraceAnne got me a present, but we're not going to dinner, so I'm not sure if there's anything else in store for the day.

I'm thrilled to have my family and am so well Blessed, but sure do wish I could be with MY mommy today! She's having dinner with my sisters and my niece and nephew today. She likes to decorate her table with lots of different settings and I know she's going to make a beautiful one tonight. She's making little strawberry shortcake desserts that look like real cakes and what I'm sure amounts to a wonderful dinner, too. I miss my mom so much and I can't wait to see her at the end of the month! I got a little teary-eyed smelling the neighbor's BBQ, thinking that we should be home. Maybe next summer we can visit Wisconsin. We'll see.

No comments: