5.07.2008

Button Button, who's got the Button?

Not our kid! Violet lost her cord stump last night at 5 days postpartum! GraceAnne lost hers at 6 days, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I'll admit it freaked me out a little. The belly button is still a little goopy inside, but I feel like she's a lot less fragile now.

My internet has been down all day :( I felt so lost not waking up and updating the blog this morning. But we did have a very productive day. Allan was wakeful last night, so he didn't get much sleep, especially since Violet puked all over the bed *UGH* at about 3am. So when GraceAnne came sauntering into the bedroom at 6am *UGH* wanting some breakfast, I got up with her so he could sleep some more. I realized the internet was down and actually got a load of dishes done, lots of laundry and folded said laundry, too. That NEVER happens. Maybe I should disconnect the internet and my house will be clean ALL the time. MUAHAHAHA, never gonna happen!

We also went to Wal-Mart and got a bike trailer for Allan. We'll be buying me a bike as soon as I can sit on my butt without crying again and decided we needed a trailer to tote the kiddies around in. He took GraceAnne for a test ride today and she had a BLAST. She was giggling and waving at people the whole time. We intend to get her a bike of her own, (she needs a 16", she's getting so big!!! *sniff*), for her birthday this year. She has her heart set on a Disney Princess bike she saw at Wal-Mart. I can't believe she'll be 4 in a month. It's crazy to think I've been a mom that long. We won't even talk about how I feel about being 26...this is the first age that has made me want to cry.

We had another contractor here today. It was the plumber this time. He didn't say much of anything, either. They're all just doing estimates and getting back to Morris about the prices. I can't wait to find out when they'll be here and what they're going to be doing! It's a very exciting time in the Doyle household, for sure.

I'll post some pix later, the camera is downstairs and Violet wants something to eat.

No comments: