5.08.2008

1 week already?!



Okay, there's a couple of pics of our girl on her 1 week birthday! No cake for 51 more weeks, though...In the first picture she's catchin' some rays so she can make some Vitamin D. In the second she's thinking, "Why on earth did Mom put this crazy thing on my head and why's she always got that silver thing in my face?" Yeah, that's the look.
Last night was pretty awful. We decided, since we've gotten such great sleep the last few nights, that we would rent a movie. Allan picked out 30 Days of Night. It's a vampire flick. I hate scary movies--they keep me up at night with nightmares, so I knew what I was doing when he put it in. But alas, I stayed and watched it and did my best to make fun of it, (Hello! We're in the upper circle during wintertime but you can't see my breath and I'm only wearing a beanie cap and we're totally not believing you are actually in Alaska! Can you tell my hubby is Alaskan?), but despite my best efforts, the damage was done. I was up every 30 minutes or so with nightmares, GraceAnne ransacked our bedroom at 1am with a nightmare of her own and Violet picked last night to start not sleeping so well. I'm exhausted, needless to say! I also will not be staying up to watch any movies anytime soon.
This morning I discovered Violet's first diaper rash. Poor baby is so red and it looks so sore to me! I am so sad about it, really. GraceAnne didn't have any diaper rash for the first 3 months of her life and when I got to thinking about it I realized it was because we cloth diapered her for the first 8 weeks of her life. I'm glad I got all these diapers for so cheap, (for those of you not in the know, I am the coupon queen and didn't pay more than 25$ out of my pocket for enough diapers to last us at least 6 months, and they're all Pampers brand), but at what cost? I guess we'll just have to be religious about the A&D ointment from now on. *sigh*
Well, I'm going to close now. I'm tired and Violet is hungry. Hope all is well with everyone. We love and miss you!

No comments: