10.03.2008

Weekend Report

This is the long and the short...

five points if you can remember what that is from and post to the blog so I don't feel like I'm writing to myself! ;)

Well, Vi is now on her 3rd day of the antibiotics. She's got diarrhea, but she's better than she was. Last night she slept pretty good for the first night in a long time and only woke up twice to eat. It was dreary this morning, so I got to sleep until 9am! I was awakened by the bugman. He came to refill the bait stations, (the rats ate ALL the bait, Lord knows where they crawled off to to die. Thankfully we haven't smelled them!), and check the sticky traps.

We took GraceAnne to the Dr. today. She had a blister in a sensitive area a couple nights ago and I wanted to make sure she didn't have some awful disease. They told me nothing and that basically it was a waste of time to go in because it was nearly healed up. IF she gets another blister and IF I happen to see it in time, we need to take her in so they can lance it and send a culture off. Right...because she's going to let me check her crotch every day. *insert eyeroll here* Not to mention I called them about 50 times yesterday to see if we could get her in while there was still a sore but NO ONE CALLED ME BACK until almost 5pm. I can't get to Corsicana in that amount of time, so it did me no good. I missed the call anyway. *sigh*

Pampered Chef is slowing down, but I'm not worried too much about it this month. October is always a super-busy month for us, (mostly because it's our favorite and there are a million and one fun fall things we want to do, so we stay out a lot), so I'm not going to sweat it. I would like to book a couple of shows, but I'm going to mostly push for November. November is our sell-a-thon and I'll get the free spring products after Jan 1 depending on my sales in November. Plus then I'll get to do the fun baking stuff, (I just got all of my baking accoutrement for free with my PC dollars today!!), like making pies and cookies and using my new decorators and sheet pans, etc.

I'd like to ask for prayers for Allan's grandma, lastly. She's been in the hospital for a couple of days and they can't figure out what's wrong with her, but her friends say she's been "weird" for the last few weeks. When she got to the hospital her pulse was so low they could hardly pick it up on the machines. They made her decide if she'd like to be revived or not, (I have no idea what her answer was), and if anything happens to her we'll be on a quick flight to PA, which means no Christmas trip home, but hey--this is more important. Prayers for her comfort, please.

Well, my chicken strips are beeping and I'm hungry, so I'm going to close this. Love and miss you all!

No comments: