9.29.2012

What's Really Happening

PRAISE GOD!  Another $50 donation came in last night, so we're down to needing 544.04 more to be able to send in our homestudy packet on Monday! 

I wanted to have a little fun today, and the blog has been desperately devoid of pictures the last several days.  Have you seen those posters with 6 cells going around on Facebook?  The ones where it says, "What my mom thinks I do, what society thinks I do, what I really do"?  I thought I'd make one of my own based on a verse that is helping me today. 

1 Corinthians 9:24-Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

This is what I thought I'd do.  *I* did it!  *I* paid for our home study!  Or *I* raised the funds for our homestudy!

This is what I *feel* like, asking people to help us.
 
This is the reality...needing God and people to help me while I'm weary.
 
And THIS is the only way we will finish.  To have faith and to run TOGETHER to win the prize!
 
I don't have to tell you again that I need your help.  But I will.  Because I need to keep leaning on my support until the 4th picture is a reality.  We don't deserve your help, we're just a normal family with a big calling, but we appreciate it and with your help, a fatherless child will find a warm, loving home and some pancakes on Saturday mornings.
 
We're not saints.  We're not martyrs.  We're just people in need of help and feeling very vulnerable.  But we have a BIG faith in a BIG God who never stops using His people to further His kingdom's cause.  We're in the process of giving all we have toward this.  We are so humbled and grateful for your love and support and we need it MORE THAN EVER as these are the last 2 days before we're scheduled to turn our packet in. 
 
There are THREE ways to help.
 
1. You can help us the most by SHARING this page with everyone you know.  They will share with the people they know and think about it...your friends list on FB is how many?  What if only 10% of them passed it on to their friends list?  And 10% of them passed it on?  That's exponential growth!!  The better the publicity, the better the chances that we get word out to those God has planned to help.
 

2. You can help by DONATING.  There is a ChipIn button on the side bar at the top of the blog.  You can't see it if you're mobile, in which case, there is a PayPal DONATE button to click on directly following my post here.  (Thank you, Shawn, for helping me figure that out last night!)  If you select "gift" when checking out with PP, 100% of your donation will come to us (no fees taken out).  We only need 108 more people to donate $5 each!  That's not many people at all!!
 


 
3. If you have a baby in your life, you can click on the banner to purchase some amazing baby shoes and if you mention us (Doyle Adoption) at the checkout, she will donate $5 from your purchase to our home study fees.  This is only good until Sunday, September 30th at 11:59pm.  That's tomorrow night!  Be sure to get a pair for the baby/toddler you love and then spread word of THAT sale, too!! 


And because it bears repeating, THANK YOU for your prayers.  I kinda mixed up the order a bit up there, didn't I?  Prayer is truly the very, very best way you can help!  Allow me to put some faces with those prayers for you, please.
This is our family.  Allan, Tara, Rhiya, GraceAnne, Violet & Corbin.

 This is a sibling group here in Kansas that we asked for prayer for.  They need a home like so many other kids in the system, but larger sibling groups are harder to adopt out because people are scared to take on so many at once.  Please lift these precious babies up, that their forever family comes to find them soon!  They are Tykia, Triquanna, Tadya, Tywron and Jerry
And this is a sibling group in Texas who also needs a forever home.  Aren't they adorable!?  Same prayer requests, of course and that ALL of these children will grow in the Lord and have HOPE for their futures.  They are Da'Shawn, Xravia, Ny'Teia, Tre'Drian, Drelon and D'Camren.

Thank you so much, God bless you and we pray you have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: