6.12.2008

More House News


My mom got Violet that cute little dress while she was here and when I put it on her for church, GraceAnne just HAD to match her and dug out that purple dress of her own. They're so darned sweet! I figured I had to post another picture for the grandparents before I got spanked. Mom is home now and checking on these things again ;)
We had 2 more contractors here yesterday. It was another plumber and the electrician. They said that Morris wants to get things going within the next month. I'm excited as heck, but nervous, too. Rhiya will be here and if we all have to be in the guest house I really will rent a hotel room. Of course, I find this out after we sold the fridge and the stove that was out there. I guess I will still have to come into the house to cook. We got a little fridge from our neighbors, (actually, we traded for the big one...we don't want to encourage super-long stays out there with a huge fridge HA!), so we'll be able to keep milk for cereal out there, but mostly everything will have to stay in the house.
They also told me that they were told they can rip up the walls if they need to because it will all be re-sheet-rocked, textured and painted. This is news to me! I didn't know they were going to redo the inside, too. I'm glad, though, because it's too much for us with Allan in school. He gets lots done when he's on breaks, but its been 2 years and we're still living in a construction zone. We just don't have the time or the money to take on these big projects. It's such a relief to know that by the end of the year we can heat the WHOLE house and I won't have to walk through the cold halls with Violet, or give her a bath in a cold bathroom. No more yelling at kids to shut the kitchen door, either! Oh, how I long for that day! I'm sure they do, too.
So I have a question for ya'll...why is it that at 6 weeks old my daughter is starting to get up for a wakeful time in the middle of the stinking night? Tonight it was 2am. Yeppers, 2am. She finally went back to sleep about 15 minutes ago, so I'm going back to bed, too. This is still not *that* bad, (especially compared to GraceAnne getting up 5x/night), but it's hard to take care of GraceAnne all day when I have had next to no sleep. And yes--I have to get up and remove the grunty one from the room, because Allan needs his sleep for school. He always tells me not to leave, but I think he appreciates it. Or at least he'd better! HAHA
I hope all is well with everyone. We love and miss you all!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yeah about the house! IT is going to be so nice when it is done!

As for Violet, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't get to sleep until 2 last night. Up at 7. And then for some reason I have a hard time falling back to sleep! Argh! Maya just has her days and nights mixed up and I don't know what to do about it! I guess it will all work out in the end!