11.26.2008

A Full Week?

Oh wow. It's been one full week since we moved out here. We have internet for today. It's been on and off since the electricians are actually here doing some work. I'm grateful it's on today as I have 2 shows to submit today and need the internet to do that. My business has taken a serious back burner, but so has EVERYTHING.

Things are moving along quite nicely, but we might still all kill each other. Allan and I worked out an issue last week and we've been good since then, but I'm not sure how good I am with the kids. I am leaving the house as much as possible and spending entirely too much money in the process. This stress is compounded by the fact that GraceAnne is off school this week, so she doesn't have ANY release and I don't have ANY break. She's been coloring A LOT.

BUT...we'll all get over it and we'll all be better for it and it will be OH SO WORTH IT when we get back into our house and can set the thermostat upstairs and not worry if the kids are too cold or not. And when we get up in the night to go potty and the seat is not icy. And when we can actually unpack ALL of our books for the first time in 5+ years. And when we can send our eldest to her room to play with ponies again. HAHAHA, I'm an awful mom, I know it.

We've been listening to Christmas music for the last week and it makes me SO EXCITED for the holiday. They still promise they'll have the house done the week before Christmas and I'm floating. Tomorrow is turkey day and I'm super excited for that, too. Ahhhhh, only 1 month until Rhiya is here and I can't wait! I want to sip hot cocoa with her and work on an art project of some sort and talk and play. I can't wait for her to open her present, either. Monday was her birthday and she loved the purple spider Violet picked out for her. I only wish she could have been here to open that, too! Yeah...I'm a greedy step-mom. I can't wait to have all 3 of our babies together, again!

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving--know that we are thankful for each and every one of you!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I'm glad progress is being made. Having your lives turned upside down cannot be easy...don't be too hard on yourselves. Budgets will slip, tempers will flare, rules will be broken...but it isn't forever. No one is perfect. Happy Thanksgiving.