6.17.2009

Greetings from The Alamo!

Not really the Alamo...we haven't done anything touristy since we've been here, but we have done some other cool stuff. The people we're staying with are really good friends of ours, (okay, so only the wives started off as friends...the husbands just happen to like each other, Praise God!) and we've had a lot of fun with them. Between us we have 5 children ages 5, 3.5, 2.5, 1 and 5 mo. It's been interesting with them! For the most part they get along well and have been having a good time. Last night we stayed at the Fisher House on post to give them all a break from having house guests. It was the plan from the beginning but it was kinda sad to say goodbye last night. We'll be there again in a few hours.
We got to see some of our friends from Ft Hood. It was so great to visit with them and I hope we get to see them again soon!
GraceAnne celebrated her 5th birthday at our friends' house. Everyone enjoyed the beautiful cake that Jeanie stayed up until 4am to make! It was TAAAAAY STEEEE!
She was super thrilled with her rainbow 5.

I don't have much time to post, but I wanted to drop off some pictures. I'm HOPING to leave you with a video, but we'll see if it works. Allan has had his butt thoroughly kicked this last week and a half. He's having a blast. Here is some of what they've had him doing...it doesn't look like hard work, but it is.

**didn't work, try again later**

Another prayer request from us--does it ever end??--we found out the neighbor's little girl has Fifth's disease which is a totally typical and just-fine disease for kids, but not so much for pregnant women. It can cause miscarriage or severe anemia (leading to heart failure), in the baby. I don't remember ever having had it as a kid, (it's like chicken pox....you're not supposed to get it again), but 80% of adults are immune. They took my blood last week to see if I have the immunity. If I don't they'll check to see if I have the disease. Praying for immunity!!

Hope you all are having a great week and I hope you are all as Blessed with fabulous friends as we are!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I think I've completely missed why you are away from home and what Allan has been doing. You'll have to fill me in again since the video didn't work. So glad you are seeing your friends and having fun. You must be all done being sick. Yea!!