5.01.2009

A Day in the Life of a Mischievious 1-Year-Old

Today our tiniest one turned a whole year old! And what a day it was. I thought I'd give you a glimpse into her life for a day and show you how wonderful/exhausting it can be. We started off the day with a nice breakfast. Until Violet pulled the box off the table and dumped all the Trix all over the floor. Naturally, she was overjoyed by this.
Then she was quiet for a few minutes after I sweeped up the Trix and changed her diaper. I should have assumed something was up, but sometimes, as a mom...you just have to enjoy a few seconds of quiet. Even if that means losing half a box of wipes.

While I cleaned that up, she ventured upstairs. Her new favorite place in the house is the bathroom. That's because all of mom's cool makeup is under the sink and it's great fun to throw it all everywhere and put it back in the bag and throw it everywhere again.
Then we got a nap in and escaped the noxious fumes from the trim being stained. We went to Chick-fil-A where we got an awesome lunch and my big girl ate TEN chicken nuggets by herself. Oh...and let's not forget the half container of fruit. I got some great pictures there, but they're on my phone and until we're officially moved back into the house, I have no cord to download those pictures with, so you'll just have to trust me when I say it was awesome. haha.
We dropped by HEB and picked up some cupcakes and a present for the birthday girl, (her gifts are all put away for the big party on the 16th, but she HAD to have something to open on her birthday!), then she napped in the car on the way home and waited for daddy to arrive.


Daddy came and we got to tear into the cupcakes. Violet LOVES chocolate cupcakes. She kept saying MMMMM and shoving it into her mouth. I think she ate it in record time. After I took the wrapper off for her it was all over.



Then we got to open our present...Shhhh...it's a Little People Airplane.




Then we got to play with our new airplane with big sister! She really likes rolling it back n forth on the linoleum. GraceAnne really likes trying to steal it from her. This would be GraceAnne's first birthday in the house that's not hers. She's trying to deal with it gracefully.


Then we got perdy and went to eat at our favorite pizza buffet. Yes...you counted right. This is her THIRD outfit of the day. That's pretty typical for her. She's the ultimate tomboy already. FILTHY to the max 5 minutes out of the crib in the morning. She's still cute, though ;)

Then we came home and got ready for bed. Violet says, "It's not fair! You guys get to stay up and watch a movie and I have to go to bed! It's MY BIRTHDAY!" It's really not fair, but mom's gotta rest sometime!

Besides, she didn't argue for long. Awwww, a sleeping baby. A sleeping *birthday* baby! Not much cuter!
It doesn't seem like a whole year has gone by. So much has changed this year. So many things that have been for so long are changing. Allan graduates in 3 days, our house will be a home in 2 weeks, we're preparing for yet another baby. It seems like just yesterday we welcomed this one into our home and now she's making us laugh (and cry) while she walks around talking to everyone. She is such a joyful girl and I am so grateful to have her in my life. I really am the most Blessed mommy!
Happy first birthday, my sweet, funny little Violet. May God Bless all your days and make his love and plan for you evident early in your life. I'm so glad I get to be your mum!







2 comments:

mamamilkers said...

So sweet!!! I love that you took pictues of her day.

Happy first birthday Violet!

Gayle said...

Fun trip through Vi's day. I'll bet there were a lot more messes than you showed us! Happy B-day Violet!