2.02.2009

Our Big Baby

9 months old! Can you even believe it? I sure can't! Violet is 18lbs 4oz and 29 inches long. She's only about 50% for her weight, so she took a big drop from 6 months, (80% then), but GraceAnne did the same thing and she didn't drop as much as GraceAnne did, so we're good. She's been very active and had been on a 2 day feeding strike before I took her in, so I think she's probably gained a few ounces now that she's decided a certain type of formula is her friend, (we like Similac Organic). She's very LOOOONG like her big sisters...95th percentile...and should be tall like they are, too.

Right now we're planning a few trips, so I'm very excited. First we're going to GA for a conference for Allan and then to FL to spend time with sister-in-law and mother-in-law. That will be in March. Mother-in-law wants us to come to PA in May for grandmother-in-law's 90th birthday bash. I'm not sure how we'll get there yet, but hopefully we can! Allan wants to go to PA pretty bad. We haven't been since GraceAnne was just a little over a year old, so it's probably time. Then we'll be going to Chicago in July for National Conference for me. I want to make that trip about a week long, (as long as Allan is not working), so we can see family and go to the Brookfield Zoo, (GREATEST ZOO ON EARTH!!), and Navy Pier with the kids. Rhiya will come with us so it will be SO MUCH FUN!

I love love LOVE travelling and we haven't been able to do much of it for the past few years because of school and money. Now that we've got the 2nd mortgage paid off we've been able to save a little more and do some fun stuff. Thank you, Lord! I missed travelling A LOT. Allan and I were in 28 different states in the first year we were together and made trips every 6 months from WA state to WI, besides little local trips in between. Once we moved to TX we became homebodies for the reasons stated above. I'm feeling very Blessed and very happy to be getting back to doing stuff. We usually drive everywhere, so we get to see a lot of really great things! Woohoo for getting the heck out!

To update everyone on my progress toward my goal of earning Disney World...I had $1278 in commissionable sales last month, so I earned a total of 5,556 pts. I need 52,000 total, so I got over 10% of my needed pts! I have until Dec. 31, 2009 to earn points, I WILL DO THIS!! We will absolutely be celebrating GraceAnne's 6th birthday at Disney World and I will absolutely be getting her breakfast with the princesses because the rest of the trip will be FREE! Please check up on me from time to time and kick me in the butt. I need all the encouragement and prayers you can offer to get this business going and meet my goals. I appreciate you all so much!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I wish i could help you in your goal by purchasing some PC!!! Maybe soon??!!!

I LOVED chicago!!!! I went for a week with some friends back in my college days...and LOVED it! Wouldn't want to live there necessarily, but love seeing and being there. We didn't ride the ferris wheel at the Pier, but walked around out there in the snow!! I miss traveling too. Maybe over time we can plan some trips together too!!!! that would be fun! love ya and see you tomorrow!!