9.30.2010

My Crowning Moment as Mother...

For the last 4 days I've had a nasty head cold. You know the kind where snot drips to your chin with no notice whatsoever? The watery crud that won't blow out unless you sneeze your brains out for a good 10 minutes? Yes, that kind.

Well, I'm getting better, but I still can't smell. Today we needed to get out of the house to run errands. We went to the bank, Wal-Mart and another local business. I was so proud to get all this down without one melt-down! The weather outside is lovely and the kids are being pretty good.

Got home and told them to go play in the yard while I got a few business things done and they happily ran outside. I had one of those nice little sneezing fits and blew my nose. Ahhhh! A glorious moment of being able to smell. But what did I smell?

Oh.
My.
Goodness.

B.O. and urine. Surely that's not ME?! But oh yes...Corbin had leaked pee on me earlier and by the time I could change my shirt it had dried and I had forgotten, (don't judge me. If you have more than one kid you know what I mean. LOL) I had also forgotten to put on deodorant this morning.

So to any of the merchants who saw a cute, smiling young mom approaching with a gaggle of children and was then met with a odiferous funk--I apologize. You can blame Texas with it's menagerie of allergens. *sigh*

2 comments:

Emily said...

Its ok. On Tuesday I ran all my errands and when I got home I realized my shirt was on inside out. And it wasn't like it looked like a regular shirt, but it was so noticeably inside out. Great.

Gayle said...

I'm sure us moms smell like that more often than we want to admit!