6.15.2010

To GraceAnne on 6-15-2010

My wish for you is that you'll #1 grow strong in your faith in Jesus Christ. You already love to read His word and know that He will never let you down, even when the people who love you most do because we're human. Your retention and understanding surpass anything I could have dreamed for a 6-year-old and I pray that never leaves you.

-Deuteronomy 31:6: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.


I wish that you will learn and lean-on your strengths early and never wrestle with "who you are" because you are secure in that in the Lord. He knows how amazing you are and as crazy as I am about you, (and as perfect as I think you are!), He knows your depths and the great things you are capable of and loves you more than we could ever fathom.
-Ephesians 2:10: For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I wish that you will grow up with a broad world-view. That you will know that although we struggle with wanting a new car or the latest video game, there are bigger struggles in the world--like the battle against the soul of humanity. This wish comes with a sub-wish, in that I wish that you will KNOW in your heart-of-hearts that you CAN and WILL change the world. You absolutely can impact the world for the better at your young age. I pray you always have the ability to see beyond yourself.

-1 Timothy 4:12: Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

I wish that you will always keep your joy for life, even when others might try to bog you down. You have such a happiness resonating from deep within yourself and it is so very enviable.

I wish that you will always be strong to stand up to people who would tear you down...even me. You cannot know how proud I am when I am so grumpy and puking nastiness all around the house and you simply ask, "Mom, why are you so angry today?" I may not initially enjoy the humbling, but it is necessary and good. Please don't ever cease to do this! Always know that other people's issues are not your own and that you do not have to take them on.

I wish that you will always pray when you feel alone and scared. You are truly an inspiration when you pray for the people in the ambulance that passes or when you hear a scary news report about an earthquake. Your Father in heaven will Bless you greatly for leaning on Him always.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-23: Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject whatever is harmful. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When you were still in my womb, I didn't know Christ, but I have a truth for you that will give you hope...He knew me and loved me and Blessed me greatly even though I would have thrown His Blessing away. He gave me your Daddy and He gave me you. Through the 2 of you He gave me a secure, loving marriage and a beautiful family of 6. When I was still pregnant I had a dream that your Aunt Trish and I climbed a cliff together at sunset. She left my side at the top, where the sun was blindingly beautiful and there were great waterfalls all around. I gave birth to you and handed you, swaddled to an old Native American woman who was sitting on the top of the cliff. She unwrapped the blanket from your tiny face and said, "One day, she will lead many people." I know this was God's prophecy to me for you. I know my purpose on this earth is to be a humble mother to these children I've been Blessed to serve. I know one day He will fulfill His promise to me and you will lead thousands. My wish is that you will grab that promise and hold it tight and never let it go.

I love you, my sweet girl. You are part of the best gift I never knew to ask for. Happy Birthday, my love!



No comments: