1.24.2010

Merry Christmas to Me!

I got some quotes for my walls from Allan for Christmas. We ordered them from a lady on Etsy. Today he finally put them up for me and I'm SO THRILLED with the way they look! I picked the quotes out and I just LOVE them!

"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." -Martin Luther (as in 95 Theses, not King Jr.)
"All this He has done only because He is my good and merciful Father in heaven, not because I have earned or deserved it." -Martin Luther

And a couple cute pictures of my tiny chefs for good measure:
We made mushroom, chicken and broccoli risotto--MY FAVE!
They love to help! Per my New Year's Resolution, I've been trying to include them more. I used to cook/bake with GraceAnne all the time and after I got pregnant with Violet that all went out the window because I just wanted to "get it done." Now I have an older daughter who doesn't remember cooking with me and a younger daughter who has never done it at all. But that's okay, because the rest of our lives starts today! So now they are getting more involved and our evenings seem so much more rewarding.
And also per my NY Resolution, I'm going to sign off here and spend some time with my hubby and son before bed. I have a great family and it's my joy and honor to spend my time with them! :) Love and miss you all!



2 comments:

Gayle said...

GraceAnne looks so much like you and Violet like her dadddy. Good for you for cooking with them. I am guilty...should include my "second family" in all that I do as much as I did my first born children. I can't believe I am 15 years older than you. That is wrong. LOL

D said...

Two of the cutest cooking assistants I have ever seen. I love the grins!It takes longer than just doing it yourself but it is good to get them involved from a young age.