2.20.2011

Art of Marriage

You've all see the Art of Marriage click-thru on my page by now. I put it there so anyone who wanted to, could see if there was an event in their area. There were over 800 classes on the world premier weekend, one of them being ours. We were so Blessed by this weekend and it was so necessary. I feel like doors are opening that I know would never have opened had we not lost the baby, but sometimes that doesn't make it any easier. Jibberish...my mind is chaos at the moment.


I just wanted to say that we decided to teach the class because we decided we NEED the class. I try my best to post encouraging, inspiring things here. I want to be a beacon of light in a dark world. But I live in this dark world and sometimes I act like a lot of the world acts. Sometimes I'm mean to my husband just because I'm mad and he's close. Sometimes I defy him simply because I don't like his attitude. Sometimes I don't want to hear one more word from his mouth or I will scream. And I am positive he would say the same things about me sometimes. I don't know that these things, as isolated feelings, are necessarily wrong; but the actions they spawn certainly are, because my husband and I can both hold our own and well, two fiesty people can tear each other down in about 2 seconds flat.

I cannot say enough about this course. It is an on-going thing, so couples can still take the class from local places offering it, or if there is no one near offering it, you can talk to your pastor about purchasing the DVD set and hosting it. Or you can purchase them yourself and host it somewhere, (even in your own home!) I promise it is well worth every penny!





I am so grateful for the people who helped with the event and for the people who attended. We WILL absolutely be doing it again and I pray each marriage is touched like mine has been. I can't tell you how much easier it is to open up and communicate now. I'm still learning and I probably should watch the DVDs every couple of weeks, but wow! I hope ya'll can find and attend an event as well.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very cool! I would be interested in you blogging about more specific things you learned/were teaching through this!! I think others would too! So glad you were blessed through this and I"m sure others were too because of your willingness (yet again!) to serve!! Love you!