4.25.2008

Set 'em all up to watch them fall down!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST HUBBY IN THE WORLD!!!! I love you, SOO much and I hope you like your gluten-free cupcakes and I hope I can give you the present we've been working on for the last 10 months! If not, accept my apologies and the book I gave you 2 weeks early, "just in case" :P

Today is the day this baby receives its official eviction notice and therefore we must kick out the big-ger guns. I'm still taking red raspberry leaf, (for those not in the know, this strengthens and tones the uterus to make it easier for my body to push that little sucker out), and today I see my favorite midwife at 10am. I'm going to talk to her about the blue and black cohoshes that Allan brought home for me, (those make contractions happen!), and see if maybe she'll strip my membranes. Yes...that sounds fairly gory and I'm sure it is a little weird, but that is also supposed to kick-start labor. This is not something I ever would have considered before, but at 40weeks exactly, I'm done. Hopefully so is baby, but it WILL be a Taurus just like its daddy, so we'll see how much provocation it takes from me. Stubborn turds!

Yesterday we moved lots of furniture in our room and that got some good contractions going, but nothing that lasted, as usual. So I've got a foot/ankle massage scheduled today so we can try to hit some acupressure points that will supposedly induce contractions, too. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. Even with all these plans, it's still up to God when this baby comes. I don't want to get too serious with castor oil and other nasty things like that, because I don't want to have a stalled labor. If baby isn't ready, baby's not ready. I won't be trying anything that would definitely put us into active labor, (read: pitocin or any other synthetic drug).

So just put us on your prayer list for today, PLEASE! And hopefully I won't be around to blog tomorrow morning. Don't worry, everyone WILL get phone calls when the baby shows its face and we will definitely post some pictures when it happens.

Speaking of pictures...I don't have a 40 week picture yet, but I do have a picture of me at 39w6d in our new chair! (THANKS TRISH!!!) I'm so excited to have a recliner :D We haven't had more than a couch and our beds ever, so this is a big step for us. HAHA

No comments: