4.29.2008

Caving In


Well, I think I've officially given up on hope for an April baby. I really wanted a diamond in my mother's ring, too!! Of course, it could still happen, but I'm not holding my breath on it. As it turns out, 2 weeks past the due date my midwives have me set at, (yesterday), is May 12. I have an appointment today, so I'm sure we'll discuss options if it goes on that long. They won't touch me past 2 weeks overdue. I REALLY don't want to be sent to the hospital, so PLEASE, EVERYONE pray this baby shows its face prior to May 12.

The problem with that is--their due date is wrong. As it turns out, they just HAVE to take the date based on LMP, (last menstrual period--mine was a miscarriage), instead of ovulation, (which I happen to know because we were charting), unless the ultrasound confirms the date is more than a week over. Both ultrasounds, (one at 12 weeks and one at 18 weeks), agree with my date exactly. But they won't change my chart because it's not more than 1 week difference. You'd think I'd be thrilled to get 4 extra days to possibly have the birth center birth that Allan and I so desperately want to repeat, but the reality is there are all kinds of complications that can arise once gestation lasts that long. Specifically I'm worried about the placenta being too old or the baby being too big. The last thing I want is to try to labor at the birthing center, have the baby's head be stuck and be transported to the hospital via ambulance for an emergency c-section. If I have to be at the hospital I'd rather start out there!

I know I sound like a nervous nellie, and I am. Believe me when I say that I AM leaving this all up to God, and I know He has a plan for this birth, this baby and this mommy. I'm just nervous about what that plan is! I still feel very calm and pretty good, really. I'm slightly more achy and tired every day, but that goes with the territory. I'm officially carrying around 32 more lbs than I'm used to carrying, so it's to be expected.

So--the great pictures, (not!), you see above, Allan took last night. 40w3d. I had to do something to make myself feel like not such a beached whale. So what do I do? Strip down, put on a swimsuit and beach myself. HAHA. Oh well, they're artsy and there's a BABY in there!! One of the only miracles on this planet that God lets us participate in. :) If you don't like it, be sure to contact PETA. I'm sure they'll take the case.

Hope everyone is having a great day! We love and miss you all!

No comments: